Sunday, February 27, 2011

Short ride

PA-28R-200
Crew: 2
Pax: 1

Back on my favorite flying machine, the Piper Cherokee Arrow.
You look from the side at this aircraft staying on the ground and it almost begs you to go fly. I think the name "Arrow" fits it perfectly. It has been almost two months since the last flight.

Light turbulence and northerly winds. Typical scenario at Cascais.
I flew to Santa Cruz for a short ride. Clear skies and rough air as we went airborne to Cabo da Roca. Things got smoother once over the water.

It was my first landing at Santa Cruz with this aircraft. Gusty winds, flaps 25, 85 mph, in control. Nice touch down followed by slight braking.

One more successful ride.

Life on the ground continues...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try to take some strawberries on your way down?
    Lookin' at your last sentence, "to be grounded" just suddenly makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fly once or twice a month. My life is mostly on the ground.

    ReplyDelete